The Flatirons MRO Edition manages aerospace technical information to meet the specific needs of technicians and workers in maintenance repair organizations. Airlines and MRO repair stations can easily manage their end-to-end content lifecycle management of technical manuals, libraries, engineering orders, service bulletins, task cards, and visit packages. You always get the right information at the right time to the right people.
Benefits of the Flatirons MRO Edition include:
- Maintenance program tasks – Work in an intuitive, browser-based environment to create, edit, search, and report on tasks to establish and maintain approved maintenance programs.
- Job cards – Create, edit, and search job cards used to perform routine maintenance. Reuse content from manuals and other work cards to eliminate duplication and increase efficiency.
- Mobility – Electronically sign off and track work card completion to improve productivity and reduce the cost of printing, scanning, and storing hard copies; Supplement electronic sign-off with valuable user feedback in data field entries; Instantly create non-routine tasks and automatically carry forward and track accomplishment and reconciliation.
- Engineering projects – Create collections of engineering job cards to accomplish required inspections and modifications using intuitive Web forms.
- Service Bulletins – Convert SB work sections into job cards to eliminate the re-keying of instructional content.
- Maintenance Visit Management – Import maintenance visit requirements from existing scheduling systems. Automatically assemble required job cards based on visit requirements. Batch print maintenance visits to system printers using the included print management server. Build, assemble, and launch the execution of printed or electronic work packages.
- Coordinated access to panel open/close, Auto-populate access to panel cards during visit creation; only panels required for that visit will be listed, along with the list of job cards requiring access through that panel
Airlines and repair stations use the Flatirons platform to manage their end-to-end content lifecycle management of technical manuals, libraries, engineering orders, service bulletins, task cards, and visit packages. Value is created when the right information is delivered at the right time to the right people.
- Electronic Regulatory Documentation
- Maintenance Procedures
- Maintenance Task
- Content Authoring/Management
- ATA Spec 2200