WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The ATA e-Business Program is an international aviation-industry service of Airlines for America (“A4A”), which is located at 1275 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004 USA. Our telephone number is +1.202.626.4000. Our email address is email@example.com.
WHO THE DATA CONTROLLER IS
For the purposes of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is the Air Transport Association of America, Inc. (“ATA”), d/b/a Airlines for America, which is incorporated in the District of Columbia, USA, and which has its principal place of business at 1275 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004 USA.
HOW TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
There may be circumstances where courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities are entitled to access to your Personal Information.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information and other information to facilitate the e-Business Program’s development and provision of services.
We may collect and process the following Personal Information:
- Individual contact information, which may include your name and such work-related information as address, email address and telephone number
- Employer or other business affiliation information
- ATA e-Business Program membership or participation information
- Participation, service, purchase or subscription information
- Service or document purchase information, including payment information (which may include credit or debit card information or other form of payment information)
We may also collect and process Personal Information from other A4A websites that you have visited, other A4A programs in which you participate, or collaborative aviation-related programs in which you and A4A both participate.
In addition, we collect non-personal information that your browser sends to us and we may use that information to produce aggregate information about our site. That aggregate information may be used for our business purposes, which may include customer service, enhancing our site, market research and fraud prevention. The aggregate information may include:
- IP address
- Type of browser
- Type of device
- Operating system
- Local time
- Other site-visit information
We do not collect, process or use sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, national identification numbers, data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, ideological or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership).
We and our vendors may collect data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on your computer or mobile device. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on our site, pages on our site visited, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation on our site, to enable us to improve the display of information on our site, and to collect statistical data about the use of our site.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use and process your Personal Information:
- To carry-out our responsibilities concerning your membership or participation in e-Business Program activities;
- To facilitate your receipt of contracted-for e-Business Program services, including publications that you purchase or request;
- To facilitate your participation in contracted-for e-Business Program activities;
- To facilitate your participation in collaborative e-Business activities in which you voluntarily participate, which may include the transmission of information related to that participation from third parties to you or to us;
- To inform you of e-Business Program publications, projects, conferences and events;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about events, products or services that we believe may interest you;
- To notify you of changes in e-Business Program membership or activities;
- To improve the delivery of e-Business Program activities or services with which you are associated; or
- To administer our site, which may include
- Troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research statistical and survey purposes;
- Improving our site and the presentation of content on it;
- Improving the security of our site;
- Measuring and assessing the effectiveness of promotional information that we provide to you and other persons, and to deliver pertinent promotional information to you; and
- Suggesting to you services or products that may be of interest to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- A4A employees who facilitate the e-Business Program and other related A4A programs;
- Participants in e-Business Program activities or associated aviation-industry collaborative activities that are related to your membership or participation in the e-Business Program;
- Suppliers or sub-contractors for the e-Business Program; and
- Vendors that evaluate, administer, improve or provide services for the e-Business Program.
We do not sell access to your Personal Information.
DURATION OF RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be retained as appropriate to support or document your membership or participation in the e-Business Program, or the use of our services. For example, we may retain your Personal Information:
To have a historical record of your attendance, proposals and voting at working groups that develop or revise our standards or policies; or
Because our agreements or standards may contain mutual legal obligations that require us to maintain information about those involved in agreeing to those obligations.
LOCATION OF STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information that you provide us is stored on our secure servers or the secure servers of vendors that we have hired for that purpose. These may be located in the United States or other countries.
We do not knowingly collect, process or use Personal Information from persons less than 18 years old. If we determine that such information has been collected, we will delete it. If you are under 18 years old and have provided us Personal Information, please contact us so that we can remove that information.
Right of Access to Personal Information
You can obtain from us confirmation about whether or not we process your Personal Information and, where that is the case, access to that Personal Information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to obtain that confirmation and access to your Personal Information.
Correction or Removal of Your Information
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want your information about you, including Personal Information, corrected or removed from our records. You should understand, however, that changing your information may affect the nature and extent of your participation in e-Business Program activities and our ability to provide services to you.
If you do not want to receive messages from the e-Business Program or if you do not wish to continue participating in the e-Business Program, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should understand, however, that “opting out” may affect the nature and extent of your participation in e-Business Program activities and our ability to provide services to you.
Additional Rights under the European Union Data Protection Regulation
If you are subject to the European data protection regulation, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information
- Request correction of your Personal Information
- Request erasure of your Personal Information
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information
- Request transfer of your Personal Information
- Complain about our compliance with the European Union data protection regulation
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want to exercise any of the foregoing rights under the European Union data protection regulation.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS