Flatirons Manufacturer Edition
The Flatirons Manufacturer Edition is a set of applications designed for the technical information management requirements of 21st-century commercial and military original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their increasingly complex product lines, global partnerships, and business process needs. It helps OEMs support their customers and suppliers in the production, ongoing revision, and automated distribution of technical information specifically designed to support multiple formats and standards—like iSpec 2200 and S1000D—with reusable, dynamic content to support a wide range of programs, specifications, and delivery formats.
- Shorter time to market: Through automated capture, validation, and import of component supplier technical content for reuse in technical publications along with on-demand publishing capabilities across a wide range of iSpec 2220 and S1000D specification versions and multiple formats (print/PDF, native XML, XHTML, and others)
- Improved customer service: Through automated XML processing, validation, and transformation to reduce human intervention in technical information management that results in more timely delivery of content in the formats, specifications, and scope required
- Support for new revenue and delivery models: Through tiered content delivery options for end customers, dedicated browser-based capabilities for customer access to updated content, and workflow tools to capture end-user feedback and new content requests
- Provide added value: For OEMs who maintain their equipment, you can deploy electronic task cards and display maintenance instructions to your customers’ desktop and mobile devices. By combining the world’s most innovative tech ops solution with a robust mobile viewing and electronic sign-off, eTaskcard provides operators with a powerful new tool for driving productivity improvements and eliminating the cost and waste associated with printing work packages on paper.
- Reduced training and IT costs: Through single-system coverage of technical information spanning major component types and data exchange specifications
Using the Flatirons Manufacturer Edition, you can:
- Consolidate multiple legacy systems into a single technical information system to reduce complexity and control costs. Utilize a single source for reusable content to increase information consistency and accuracy.
- Provide on-demand transformation for both inbound and outbound content to deliver content based on multiple standards and customer requirements.
- Develop S1000D specification content and publish it to a common library without converting your existing legacy ATA iSpec 2200 or PDF manuals into S1000D. By supporting the mixing of data spec types, Flatirons Manufacturer Edition allows you to link S1000D content across different specification editions, link to ATA iSpec 2200, or even to unstructured content like PDFs without having to convert all your manuals to a single specification. Seamlessly search and link across manuals published in different specifications formats.
- Continue to author with Arbortext editor. The Flatirons Knowledge Center CSDB includes out-of-the-box integration with Arbortext editor V.6.0/6.1 or later. The world’s most widely adopted XML editor combined with the Flatirons Manufacturer Edition provides technical authors with a feature-rich environment that supports configurability for authoring and task personalization. The integrated solution dramatically improves XML authoring productivity so that OEMs can reduce the cost of XML content creation, maintenance, and delivery.
- Integrate with existing in-house systems like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, allowing you to access the reusable source material easily.
- Deploy Flatirons Pinpoint, the industry-leading IETP/IETM viewer and portal product designed to run under various deployment conditions, like on- and offline usage, server-based, and stand-alone deployments supported on both desktop and mobile devices.
- As an OEM, you can expand your aftermarket business through the built-in shopping cart functionality for parts and services, as well as through the portal mode where you, at your discretion, can introduce subscription and payment schemes for access to your data.
- Publish data as-is or author changes, add supplements, and make quick revisions. You can decide when and with whom you want to share this data in your ecosystem. The application can be delivered to your end user in different formats, from a hosted SaaS application to a local deployment or shipping a zip file on a memory stick to your maintenance team.
- Adopt Flatirons Insight, a comprehensive workflow tool to manage publications revision processes, forms, and eTaskcard execution. Insight enables users to model their current paper or email-based processes into a digital and automated workflow process. Utilize a real-time analytics tool to provide a full audit trail to ensure that an organization has complete visibility into its complex business processes. Insight also captures and archives all processes and data points from the workflow in next-generation predictive analytics.
- Electronic Regulatory Documentation
- Maintenance Procedures
- Maintenance Task
- Content Authoring/Management
- ATA Spec 2200