R4i Binder Client is a powerful productivity tool for organizations that require paper publications, with fast server-side processing.
Powerful book creation:
R4i Binder Client is a flexible ‘drag and drop’ tool that simplifies the creation of manuals, handbooks and large technical books. Its simplicity enables users to build complete PDF books that include cover pages, hyperlinked tables of content and hyperlinked indexes.
With an easy-to-use interface, R4i Binder Client offers the power of server-side PDF processing, creating a collaborative tool for global teams.
How it works:
R4i Binder Client processes any structured content (including content that conforms to the ASD S1000D or DITA specifications) that is held in the R4i CSDB. It processes this content using XSL-FO stylesheets. R4i Binder XPS can utilize any XSL-FO stylesheets designed for any print standard. This includes the traditional Chapter/Section style publications, to the more modular print style utilised in the ASD S1000D specification, used by defence and aerospace.
R4i Binder Client users easily design the structure of their publication by dragging content from the Common Source Database (R4i CSDB) or network directory, into their Binder book view.
If using DITA or S1000D your DITA map or Publication Module can be used for the book structure.
The book structure can then be saved to the library and a stylesheet selected to produce the PDF publication.
Features and benefits of R4i Binder Client:
• Unlimited user access to server-side processing, creating a robust collaborative environment for teams.
• No scripts, programming or development knowledge needed to publish content.
• Data can be SGML or XML to any DTD or Schema specification.
• No requirement for a specific XML/SGML authoring package to be used with R4i Binder Client.
• Save a preferred stylesheet with a book project, or access pre-built book layouts for fast, consistent
• Monitor all jobs being processed, if you are assigned as an administrator.
• Share access to generated PDFs with your group and undertake group reviews of content.
• Access the book history of all PDFs and Change Packages produced (if Change Packaging module licensed).
• Control the generation of PDFs for review only, before formerly “releasing” the PDF version.
- Configuration Management
- Delivery Configuration
- Electronic Regulatory Documentation
- Content Authoring/Management
- ATA Spec 2000
- ATA Spec 2200
- ATA Spec 2300
- ATA Spec 42